Taubenloch Gorge and mountain Bözingenberg
Frinvillier – Biel/Bienne
- 8 km
- Ascents | Descents
Ascents | Descents
- 536 m | 637 m
- 2 h 30
- Technical | Fitness level
Technical | Fitness level
- Family friendly | Moderatly difficult
After a challenging climb, your efforts will be rewarded with a magnificient view of Lake Biel, the Seeland and the Bernese Alps.
A walk up to Bözingenberg in Biel’s backyard offers many highlights. At first, the path leads through the rugged Taubenloch Gorge, past the animal park, which is home to many native animals. From there the steep trail climbs up to the highest point of Bözingenberg. The views across the city of Biel, the Three-Lakes Region and all the way to the peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau in the Bernese Oberland are nothing short of spectacular.
Good to know
- Taubenloch Gorge Walking Trail closed from 27 February to 17 March 2023 on weekdays.
- Access: from Frinvillier station, follow the hiking signs in the direction of Taubenlochschlucht.
- The Bözingenberg is about 1000 meters above sea level, but the view of the Midlands as far as the Alpine peaks is unique.
- Have a light snack at Restaurant Bözingenberg.
- Tourisme Bienne Seeland Rue Centrale 60 2501 Bienne +41 (0)32 329 84 84 firstname.lastname@example.org www.biel-seeland.ch