Event − Festivity, Festival
Christmas Market Biel
Every year in December, the Christmas houses open their doors along the Rue de Nidau and its surroundings for the traditional Biel Christmas Market.
- Nidaugasse / Rue de Nidau, 2502 Biel/Bienne
Every year, young and old alike are in a festive and meditative mood as the festive season approaches. Celebrate the festivities at one of the region's traditional St. Nicholas and Christmas markets and let yourself be enchanted by the sparkling lights, passionately made handicrafts and sweet smells.
The Biel Christmas market is the largest in the region. It lasts for 20 days, from Monday 5 to Saturday 24 December 2022. In charming little houses decorated in Christmas colours, around 80 exhibitors offer their products, most of them handmade. Thanks to its privileged location in the city centre and the diversity of the craftsmen, the market welcomes more than 500,000 visitors.
A meeting place not to be missed is at the junction of Rue de Nidau and Rue Dufour where the Biel Burgergemeinde has set up a Canadian hut. Here, forest workers offer a number of small forest delicacies such as mushroom risotto, wild boar or veal sausage, mulled wine from the wood fire, etc. Several activities also take place at this location.
From 30 Oct 2023 to 23 Dec 2023
Monday - Wednesday
- 11:00 - 19:00
- 11:00 - 20:00
- 11:00 - 19:00
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 10:00 - 18:00
- Suitable for families
Good to know
- On Saturdays 3, 10, 17 and 24 December 2022 the city centre shops will close at 17:00.
- On Sundays 11 and 18 December 2022 the city centre shops will be open from 10:00 to 18:00.
Links & PDFs
- Nidaugasse / Rue de Nidau 2502 Biel/Bienne
- Nidaugass-Leist Biel Nidaugasse 28 2502 Biel/Bienne firstname.lastname@example.org nidaugassleist.ch