Explore the magical atmosphere of the historical old town, and discover Biel’s history and the most important places to visit.
The old town is the jewel of Biel/Bienne. This was where the Romans worshipped the God "Belenus" for many centuries. Incidentally, Biel/Bienne owes its name to this Roman deity. The Ring is the oldest square in our town, as you walk around here you will discover a magnificent, magical, romantic and peaceful place. Follow one of our town guides and you will embark upon a journey through time to learn about the history and tales of the town.
Prices public guided tours
- CHF 15.-
Prices for groups
Groups up to 25 persons
- CHF 120.-
- Custom hours on request
- Accessible by public transport
- Booking required
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups
Good to know
- Guided public tours 2023/2024: 14.10, 18.11, 09.12, 20.01, 10.02, 16.03: 2.30 pm
- Group: max. 25 per group
- Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish
- Request for groups: all year round, at the tourist office
- Meeting point: Bäsetöri (Jakob-Rosius-Strasse 16, 2502 Biel/Bienne)
- The city of Biel was awarded the Wakker Prize in 2004. The Wakker Prize is awarded by the Swiss Heritage Society to a political community in Switzerland for exemplary townscape protection.
Links & PDFs